This is something every DIY Mercedes Owner should have in his shop. If you have a good floor jack and some jack stands this kit with make jacking and supporting your Benz much safer AND less frustrating. You can build this kit yourself with a some simple tools and inexpensive supplies.
Problem & Solution
Common among these chassis:
Here is a list of the tools and supplies you will need:
- Good quality multi-ply 3/4 or 1 inch plywood
- 8 to 12 inches of 2 to 2 1/2 diameter reinforced radiator hose
- Enamel or Exterior Latex Paint and brush
- Velcro or equivalent ( both the hook 12 inches and loop pieces 24 inches)
- Electric Drill and 1/4 or 5/16 drill bit
1. Cut the plywood to size. 4 pieces five (5) inch square and I piece 10 inch square
2. Drill one corner of each piece of plywood with a 1/4 to 5/16 inch hole
3. Paint both sides and edges of each piece and let dry overnight
4. Cut 2 pieces of radiator hose 4 inches long and slit the length with a good box knife
5. Attach velcro hook to the top of the jack and stick small pieces of the loop material on the center bottom side of each of the plywood pieces.
For a look at how Kent uses this kit in his own shop be sure and check out his video on Jacking Safety above