This video covers the step-by-step VERY detailed procedure for removing the W201 rear door panel, inspecting and lubrication components inside, and replacing the door panel without damage. This is why it is 30 minutes long! Kent really covers the subject in DETAIL!
Here is a teaser of Kent explaining what is covered:
Outline of entire video:
- Tools needed
- Overview of process
- Saving the hooks and fasteners
- Removal all fasteners that hold the panel in place
- Hold to get the arm rest upper handle off
- Removing a “stuck” door panel properly
- Removing the plastic inner liner
- Inspecting the inside of the door for rust
- Lubricating the key internal moving components
- Removing the check strap for lubrication if necessary
- Lubricating the door latch and window regulator - recommended lubricants shown
- Regluing plastic liner
- Fixing tears and holes in plastic liner
- Reinstalling the door panel back on to the door (this is the hardest part)
- Replacing all the fasteners.
NOT COVERED: This video does not cover the removal or repair of the window regulator. Please send related video for more on that topic. Vacuum door lock repair is not covered nor is removal or replacement of the outside door handle or door latch assembly. Front door panel removal is not covered in this video. Principles are similar but there are some differences due to the power seat switch.
Total Run Time: 30:24
How to view this on-demand video:
Once you complete the purchase of this video you will be able to view it immediately when you are logged in and on your personal account page (click on My Account). The video(s) will show up under My Video Manuals. The video is NOT downloadable to your computer or mobile device, but you will be able to view it anytime, from anywhere and from any device as long as you have internet access and you are logged in to your account at mercedessource.com.
Important note: This video manual may or may not include all the information you will need to troubleshoot and/or repair your specific problem/s. Please read the full description carefully to determine if this video is applicable to your year and model and contains the information you are looking for. If not, please refer back to our "Solutions Finder" and enter your chassis number and the specific problem you are having to see if we offer a solution.