Would you like to watch an inexpensive on demand video that might help you save $1000's? You could spend three or four hours hunting around the internet on different forums and marginal youtube videos and may get the right info - maybe! Watching this video will take you about 20 minutes and you get the correct troubleshooting information clearly explained.
As well as information on the heater blower motor the video also covers cabin air filter replacement. Here is a summary of all topics Kent covers in this video:
- Advantages and disadvantages of blower motor location
- Accessing the blower motor assembly
- Location and removal of fasteners
- Cabin air filter placement and inspection
- Problems with moisture due to plugged water drains
- Location of key drains that get plugged easily
- Routing of air into the blower motor
- How to test for plugged water drains
- Reasons for cabin air filter getting soaked with water
- Examples of the debris that were plugging the drains
- Why heater motors seize up
- Testing for current to the motor
- Electrical testing equipment needed
- Theory of operation (different than some of the older blower motors)
- Wire routing to the motor
- What controls the speed of the motor
- Actual power source testing illustrated
- Inspecting for contact corrosion
- Testing motor for full speed operation
- How to determine if the regulator is the problem
- What to look for related to regulator
- This blower motor was repaired without having to buy any new parts
- Just a new cabin air filter… :-)
NOT COVERED: Please note this video does not cover information of troubleshooting the climate control panel nor does it cover information related specifically to the A/C system. It only covers the heater blower motor and regulator.
Total Run Time: 18:13
How to view this on-demand video:
Once you complete the purchase of this video you will be able to view it immediately when you are logged in and on your personal account page (click on My Account). The video(s) will show up under My Video Manuals. The video is NOT downloadable to your computer or mobile device, but you will be able to view it anytime, from anywhere and from any device as long as you have internet access and you are logged in to your account at mercedessource.com.
Important note: This video manual may or may not include all the information you will need to troubleshoot and/or repair your specific problem/s. Please read the full description carefully to determine if this video is applicable to your year and model and contains the information you are looking for. If not, please refer back to our "Solutions Finder" and enter your chassis number and the specific problem you are having to see if we offer a solution.