If you have not read my manual then I highly recommend you do so. It will explain the problems as well as other things you should inspect when you have the valve covers off your engine. It includes information or replacing the guide rails and the timing chain. It also includes instructions on how to adjust the valves on the early engine up to 1976. Look below to order this manual if you do not already own it.
This kit contains the following:
- Heavy duty gloves, lint-free cloth, and acid brush
- Two sets of plastic oil tube clips - both large and small (see special note below)
- 2 new quality valve cover gaskets
- 8 hard-to-find copper sealing washers for the valve cover hold down bolts.
- Free on-demand video instructions. They are detailed step-by-step
SPECIAL NOTE: In the mid-1970's Mercedes enlarged the size of the oil tube. We want to make sure you get the right clips for your engine so we are including BOTH sizes of clips to ensure you have the right set. The set that does not fit your tubes can be discarded, given away or sold...