To properly tune your diesel transmission you will first need the know-how and then the equipment to adjust your transmission modulator and your VCV transmission shift valve. This Kit will cover models 116 and 126 1978 to 1984 300SD, 1980 to 1984 123 240D and 1981 to 1984 123 Turbo 300D 300TD 300D 300CD. For those of you who have the 1985 model the vacuum modulator test and the VCV tester will work, but the book does not have specific information on fine tuning the vacuum system on the 1985 722.4 transmission.
Kit includes all items listed below. To read more about each individual book / kits you can go directly to the product links below.
- Kent's full length troubleshooting manual on vacuum transmission testing and adjustment.
- Mercedes Diesel Automatic Transmission VCV Vacuum Controls Testing Kit
- Mercedes 61x Diesel Automatic Transmission Modulating Pressure Test Kit
- INCLUDED FOR FREE WITH PURCHASE:
- Troubleshooting Older Diesel Automatic Transmission Shift Problems - On Demand Video
- How to Test the VCV ( Vacuum Control Valve ) for Proper Operation - On Demand Video
PLEASE NOTE: You will need a hand held vacuum pump tester to perform the diagnostics with this kit. If you do not already own one, We do sell the vacuum pump tester separately look below to view!